Sunday, November 14, 2010



Question by Answers: Reference...?

In my recent job my boss was very mean to me but she
would always do it in a nice way. I quit a couple months
ago and now I am looking for a new job and I need experience
to be able to work where I want to apply for. Should I put them
down as a reference? After I quit, and she wasn't very happy
with it? Do they usually even call the references?




Best answer:

Answer by Steve D
They will probably call your old employer to make sure you worked there and for how long. Most companies no longer give out job references or information other than verification of employment due to a great number of lawsuits against them. by not listing them, one of two things can happen - 1) the gap in your employment history may look suspicious or 2) they may call an employment ver ification service and find out you worked at your previous job anyway, which will look even worse.





What do you think? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment