Friday, February 25, 2011

Q&A: how can I write about my hobbies in an college application?



Your Ad Here





Question by LUNA: how can I write about my hobbies in an college application?

I need to write about my hobbies (read and jogging) for an college application and i don't want to look simple but also not write something that looks like I am trying to say what I think they want to hear.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by The College Guy
There are so many good ways you could spin this. Talk about which books or characters most resemble you (preferably someone brave, but don't go over the top, like comparing yourself to Jesus Christ or George Washington.)

If you are a runner, talk about committment, competition, training, how hard it can be to push through the last few miles of a long race, and how it is 98% mental determination.

The essay questions are the best way for the college to get to know who you really are beyond your GPA and SAT/ACT scores.

If all else fails and you write a so-so essay (which I doubt you will!) make sure that grammar, punctuation and spelling are all flawless. You would be amazed at what people submit!

Good Luck!





Give your answer to this question below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment