Saturday, February 19, 2011

Fiat 500 Sport



Your Ad Here



Check out these Sports images:

Fiat 500 Sport



Your Ad Here





Sports


Image by EdoM Photography

Fiat 500 Sport



Your Ad Here




1.2
Grigio Perbene

Optionals:
- Fasce Paracolpi Verniciate Con Targhetta 500
- Start&Stop

CABELA'S -- The "Museum of Natural History" SPORTING GOODS STORE

Sports


Image by Okinawa Soba

So my friendly Pocono Mountain neighbors said, "We gotta go to a Sporting Goods Store. Wanna come?"

Sure, why not. The drive will be nice. Of course, if you've been to one Sporting Goods Store, you've been to them all.

At least, that's what I thought.

So, my friend pulled up to this store I never heard of (being from Okinawa, Japan, I've lost touch with the minor details of my home state of Pennsylvania). I thought they had said something like Casablanca, or Coco Cabana....but it was called Cabela's.

Holy Mother of God.

It was just one store...surrounded by a parking lot...and it looked bigger than an entire Japanese Shopping Mall.

The Entryway reminded me of a high-class Art Musem in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

I walked in the door and...

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD --- AGAIN !

It was the Museum of Natural History meets the biggest sporting goods store in the known universe.

Almost every animal that can be hunted down and killed was mounted on the walls, hung from the ceiling, or mounted --- frozen in action --- as part of several huge, professionally made dioramas.

There was a mountain 3 or 4 stories high that was crawling with critters (so to speak), all taxidermed into natural poses --- including a huge BEAR who was ripping into a Honey Bee's nest, and had taxidermed bees stinging him all over the nose !

A beautiful, long tunnel of an aquarium (every tank framed out in natural logs and wood, with realistic underwater designs) let you see all of the fish you can catch in the streams and rivers of Pennsylvania.

I had a cheap digital camera in my pocket, and took a few snaps of the place.

I ate lunch in their restaurant --- had a BUFFALO BURGER. You could also eat Deer, Elk, and other "game" Burgers.

It was packed with folks buying guns, fishing rods, hunting and camping gear, and even rustic furniture. They even had an ART GALLERY with beautiful editions of finely framed masterpieces that focused on nature...and man hunting in nature.

I was there for two hours, and didn't even see all of it.

When I got home, one of my nephews said, "Did you see the DEER ROOM ?"......(No) .... WHAT ??? You didn't see the DEER ROOM ??? Oh my GOD !!! "

OK. I get it. I will definitely be going back.


NOTE : I do not work for Cabela's, and these flickr posts are not a commercial solicitation to get them business.

I was told at the door that "looky-loos" are welcome, and that I can take all the pictures I want. I confess, however, that I was unable to escape without buying a variety of the world's best CHOCOLATE FUDGE as a gift to my friends for bringing me to this place, and some multi-colored CYALUME light-sticks made just for kids.

SEE 30 PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS TAKEN WITH A GOOD CAMERA AT THE PHOTO GALLERY HERE : www.cabelas.com/hamburg-pennsylvania-store.shtml

SOMEBODY ELSE'S "CABELA SYMPHONY" 5-Minute VIDEO TOUR : www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1wVS3L6abk



RANDOM SOBA : www.flickriver.com/photos/24443965@N08/random/



Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment